– every entitity has a lifecycle which can be repesented as a state machine.
– one can represent this state machine as a decision tree.
– any entity’s life cycle / decision tree / workflow / state machine will always have correlated / dependency events occuring in other entity’s lifecycle / decision tree / workflow / state machine
– the last statement is essentially system behavior (the heart of any enterprise system)
– this interplay of decision trees can always be represented as a sparse matrix
As an architect if you decide what should be done at each combination / row of this sparse matrix then you are done with system design