- Can you outsource the responsibility of acheiving/managing your NFRs to Cloud providers – No
- Can you outsource the responsibility of decision making necessary to choose and balance your NFRs to cloud providers – Absolutely No
- Can you execute your decisions on NFRs faster with cloud providers – Absolutely Yes
- Can you outsource the responsbility of monitoring your NFRs to cloud providers – No
- Do cloud providers bring additional overheads to deal with, like any other previous iterations ex: Data centers – Absolutely Yes – ex: cost management
- Should you avoid cloud altogether – Absolutely No
- Should you adopt clouds wholesome – Yes
- Can cloud providers fail wholesome – Yes
- Should you implement multi-cloud strategy right now – No
- Are all clouds same – No
- Are their standards around cloud – Yes
- Can cloud providers really help you build the most efficient version of your product for your chosen NFRs – Absolutely No
- Are there seemingly contradictory statements above – Yes
Note : This is why you need architects and why every cloud provides blueprints, certifications, blogs, sample applications and are constantly trying to refine, refactor, rebuild their services.
Source : Decades of experiences across many cloud providers.
Trigger : Recent conversations with enterpreneurs/clients/prospects.
This post was later published on LinkedIn here.